Flux Jewellery Ltd. is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, image or email address. This policy applies to all the websites we operate, our use of emails and text messages for marketing purposes, and any other methods we use for collecting information. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
The data we collect
As a customer, student or supplier to Flux Jewellery Ltd., we may ask for personal information that can include:
- Your name, address, email address, phone number, product images, course details and your bank details if we need to make a payment to you.
- For any makers that we represent we may additionally ask for information and images for online and inshore maker profiles, If you are joining our mailing list we only ask for your name and email address.
We collect this information in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, course enquiries, applications, feedback, course or product purchases etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our website. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How we collect your data
We only collect personal information from you directly. This may be when you ask to go on our mailing list, make a purchase, enquire about our products or courses, apply to exhibit or sell with us, or other opportunities. We may also ask for information if you are being paid for taking part in a Flux initiative, for example, tutoring fees. If making an online purchase via our web shop we add your name to our customer list.
What do we do with the data?
Providing communications which we think will be of interest to our members, with members news, details of exhibitions and opportunities;
What information do we collect?
To fulfil our objectives and manage our business, we may process personal information for carefully considered and specific purposes which are in our interests and enable us to enhance the services we provide and which we consider also benefit our customers, makers and students. These may include some or all the following:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Your contact details provided to us when you have bought pieces or attended workshops, or grant us permission to contact you regarding our events and products.
- Information that you provided to us for subscribing to my website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to me.
- Activities required to manage our membership, including sending you timely reminders when your membership is due for renewal;
- Activities required to organise Flux exhibitions, courses or other events;
- Activities required to process invoices or expense claims;
- Internal record keeping.
If you do not want us to contact you for any of these purposes, then please email with your request to opt-out. Please bear in mind that if you opt-out this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit. Flux Jewellery Ltd will not sell or share your data to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
From 25 May 2018, only those people who have opted in will receive these communications. If you want to receive this information but haven’t opted in, you can do so by subscribing to our newsletter or emailing us.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data.